Maxim to Showcase Adaptive Manufacturing, Wearables and Automotive Solutions at electronica 2018
Demos and talks to highlight latest innovations in size, power and intelligence
At electronica, November 13-16, in Munich, Germany, Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) will showcase compact, intelligent and power-reducing solutions in manufacturing convergence, wearable healthcare and automotive, along with the company’s high-performance building blocks.
Industry 4.0: Manufacturing Convergence
Industrial convergence is driving the needs for increasingly intelligent and efficient automated factories. At electronica, Maxim will highlight semiconductor innovations designed to bring greater manufacturing control throughout the digital factory, intelligent buildings and refineries. Live demonstrations related to Industry 4.0 include:
- Integrated soccer ball factory demonstrating Industry 4.0 principles
- Digital IO, IO-Link and Universal IO that bring intelligence to the factory edge
- Robust communications
- Small, thermal-efficient digital isolation and isolated power and protection solutions
- Thermal demonstration of synchronous 60V DC-DC converters
- uSLIC™ power modules
Wearable Healthcare: Wellness Reimagined
Building a wearable healthcare product for the wrist that can provide real-time exchange of accurate health data, assessment of chronic conditions and evaluation of overall well-being can be challenging and time-consuming. Maxim’s Health Sensor Platform 2.0 (MAXREFDES101#) brings the ability to monitor electrocardiogram (ECG), heart rate and body temperature to a wrist-worn wearable, saving up to six months in development time. See the platform in action, along with the following wellness demonstrations:
- Interactive motion-sensory experience for personalized wearable healthcare
- In-ear heart-rate monitor
- ECG monitor and health band
- Power management IC for wearables
- Vital sign monitoring with blood pressure
Automotive: Driving Redefined
More efficient power management is an imperative for automotive manufacturers as they accelerate adoption of cameras, sensors, microprocessors, light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and other electronic components for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), high-performance lighting and infotainment. Maxim’s MAX20092 matrix manager accelerates adoption of higher-current LEDs in front lighting applications. Automotive demonstration highlights include:
- Automotive-grade USB charging
- Reliable back-up power for emergency eCall applications
- Greater security and authentication for ADAS sensors
High-Performance Building Blocks: Design Revolutionized
A relentless desire to innovate across broad application areas is driving the need for ultra-low power consumption, precise data conversion and rugged connectivity. See how high-performance analog ICs are enabling:
- nanoPower watch
- Force-touch functionality with MAX11261
- CAN ESD protection with MAX13054A
- Supercap backup regulator for reserve power
- ISM RF transmitter-based home automation systems
- Automotive mock control unit
Maxim technology experts will also have multiple talks at the conference covering the application and technology areas discussed above. For more information, see http://bit.ly/electronica2018_Maxim.
Visit Maxim in Hall C4, Stand 440 to view live demonstrations and receive a personalized soccer ball and drawstring bag. For more information about Maxim’s presence at electronica, see http://bit.ly/electronica2018_Maxim. For Maxim’s electronica graphic, see http://bit.ly/electronica2018_image.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.